shy away, shy away phantom
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeA very faint smile broke his blank gaze as the halfling asked him a key question. "A cougar, actually," was his brief answer, mind flickering through the images of the night before when he'd thrashed to grab his shortsword and the big cat had snapped his leg in its jaw. He had thrown his head back and roared, knuckles white under his dark fur. The sound would have been heard from the mountains to the ocean if that booming thunder hadn't shattered the sky. But he had survived to live another day, whereas the cat had long ago seen its last winter. Survival of the fittest. Or in Bane's case, perhaps the most driven.

cakeAlready the doctor could feel the drug working in his veins.

cakeAs DaVinci explained, Bane nodded. The fire hadn't been healed from the lands yet. The extent of the damage there would take Mother Nature years to recover. All this planet had was time. DaVinci crouched next to him, and Bane pulled his hand from his bag, allowing his weapon to sit inside, hidden. This halfling had been here for some time and had no reason for violence, despite Bane's weakened and exhausted state. No fear. The paranoia followed him sometimes, both when he were high and when he were sober, but the fact remained he was wanted dead. His would-be assassins were likely an ocean away.

cakeThe halfling asked an interesting question and Bane eyed him studiously. "I did live there. I was born on the coast to an alpha and a madman. But it's been almost two years now." Bane's parents were both enigmas to him. Of his mother, he knew what he had been told by his father. Of his father, he knew what he had seen for the first five months he had lived. But life had happened quickly, and the memories were fleeting now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread