shy away, shy away phantom
[html]
cakeWanna wrap this up, if there's nothing else for them to discuss? We'll need another soon either way, I'd like Bane to meet Iskata before she dies. Smile

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeDisappeared; a lot of people tended to do that. Each and every soul on the vast Earth lived in their own world, a survivor of a place nobody else had ever seen. The humans had been a lot more connected, before they had killed themselves off. They hadn't been able to hide as easily. But in these times it was easy to vanish, to walk away and disappear. Even if she were alive -- which sounded unlikely -- Willow might as well have been dead. Bane had already written her off in his head, and that would be the end of it.

cakeNow, despite Bane's lack of compassion on the subject of his family -- and on many other subjects besides just that -- he didn't miss the halfling's mood shift when he spoke of Bane's sister. Bane was an attentive creature with the kind of depth that was rare enough to be different. He was understanding, though that wasn't necessarily because he understood; he had never had a chance to have childhood friends growing up. His father had always had his sights set on something bigger than his son. In that sense, DaVinci was lucky.

cake"Unfortunately, in this state, I doubt I'd be able to fight back much," Bane confessed, glancing down briefly through blurry eyes at his fresh wounds and the broken leg. It didn't hurt anymore, and the warmth was familiar and welcome. It made him feel less on edge. It made him temporarily forget that he had virtually nothing, and wouldn't until he could walk again. "In fact, I think I could use some rest to regain some of my strength, in case some future companion isn't quite as friendly as you are." The instinct was already sleeping, and Bane had a feeling he would see this Mr Nasphrite again before the winter was over.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread