It's the science of the soul
[html]

First I’d like to start with an apology, I am aware that I have been in and out of this site quite a lot over the years, often without warning, and I am very sorry for this, especially to those with whom I had unfinished threads. Every time I get to a good place in my life when I can spend time here and write I rejoin, and every time I do awful things happen, like my laptop exploding or my History lecturer deciding that 6 essays a week isn’t too much pressure for us and my Law teacher agreeing with him. I am rejoining with every intention of staying this time though, even if that means I am picking fiery shards of laptop out of my face later this week XD. Also apologies... I got a bit... rambly in this post XD

Character Name: Soran Aatte.

Character Birthdate: 19th August 2003.
Whether she is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci.

Your e-mail: glass_and_black_roses@hotmail.com
A secondary form of contact: Msn is the same as my email Smile and
AIM: ladysoran
How did you hear about 'Souls: Oh I moved in years ago (October 2005), I leave but my addiction to this place keeps dragging me back.

push it inThe low hanging rain clouds were tinged with pink and gold as the sunlight began to touch them, the morning just beginning, the hardier birds that had not already migrated Southwards to warmer climates were beginning to sing, chirruping as they awoke. The gold and red leaves rustled in the breeze, some breaking free of the gnarled branches on which they rested, falling listlessly to the ground. Small animals were already awake, gathering nuts and berries and racing about through the yellowing grass, hiding their harvests in the moist soil, storing them away for the harsher winter months that were to come. One small squirrel was bounding through the lands, tail held aloft, its grey fur contrasting sharply with the green of the grass through which it was running, in its mouth it held a large hazel nut. Suddenly the small creature froze, its black eyes wide, staring in terror straight ahead of it.

push it inSoran pushed a low hanging tree branch out of her way, disturbing several small browned leaves as she did so, her long legs moved her through the lands quickly. The green eyed lady raised a long fingered hand to her hair, which was tumbling in curled locks across her face, brushing a stray lock of her ebony mane off of her face, pushing it over her shoulder so that it wasn't tickling her eyes. Her jade eyes were not really focusing as she padded through the forested area, pushing through the undergrowth quietly, ignoring the way that her hair caught on low tree branches and tall brambles, too focused on where she was going to pause and braid her hair to keep it out of the way. The heavy canvas bag that was slung across her shoulder bounced against her hip with every step that she took, it contained her world, some books and her flute. That was all that she carried around with her, not much different from when she had last walked in these lands, but now these things were her whole world, they were all that still connected her to these lands, to her family, and so she had kept them with her.

push it inThe ebony lady walked relentlessly, her eyes focused only on the area straight ahead of her, utilising her ability to make mental maps to return to the place where she had last seen her son, her dear red boy and sweet little Naniko, who was not so little anymore, she needed to be near her family now, she was lonely, she missed them. Soran was unsure how she would explain her sudden departure to them though, she couldn't explain, not without telling them what she had done, something that was so awful she had blocked it from her mind. But that night, the night she had decided to steal away from the lands for a while, the night she had walked back down into the lands that had once been her home, the lands that had once been Syemv, to see Phasma's grave, to see her other children's graves, she had remembered. The happenings of that fateful birth had come flooding back to her and she had found herself sobbing, unable to move from the graveside, her head bowed, her long fingers tearing at her fur, tangling in her mane, raking bloody lines into her arms.

push it inEven now she could not forget, the images of that night were burned into her mind. She knew now why she had so callously pushed her youngest pups onto Phasma, leaving them for her to find and care for, why she had left so soon after the birth, why she had fled the lands without as much as a goodbye or a backwards glance. She remembered, god she remembered. As she raced back towards the place she still called home the memory played, like an awful video stuck on repeat, an incessant loop of horror for the obsidian female. The pups had come unexpectedly, not even a fluttering or a hint before the birthing pains had set in, once again the birth was fast, far too quick for the ebony lady. Amadeo had been born first, he was beautiful, his fur a soft grey, longer than Soran’s, but he was small, far too small, and dead. Then Dhalia, mewling and crying as soon as she had appeared, her red fur making Soran think of Conri, making the dark lady smile as she stared down at her daughter, her healthy living daughter, so unlike Maeve, who had been so weak that she was unable to survive on her own for ten minutes. Khaden followed Dhalia, wriggling in the ebony lady’s arms as she picked him up to rest him with his sister. And then Rokus had been born, even the over-played memory of the red boy made Soran’s eyes fill with tears as she walked. He hadn’t looked like Conri, he was bigger built, more like Soran, but red, as red as his father had been, the dark lady looked down at him and did not see an individual wolf, as she did with the other pups, she did not see singularly herself or Hollow in him, she saw a blend, a perfect blend between mother and father, a true melding of the pair of them. And with that realisation she had seized the mewling, wriggling aberration’s head and snapped his small neck, resting him alongside his dead brother, before realising what she had done and fleeing from the house.

push it inAnd history had repeated itself, as soon as Soran had learned of what she had done she had fled from the lands where he other children lived, unable to bear what she had done. The dark lady did not remember much of what had happened after she remembered, having wandered into the old city, a charred shell of what it had been. She had lived there for months, never once being sober enough to even consider going home again. But, in the night she had suddenly awoken, the urge to go home to her family tugging her, forcing her from her sleep and to her feet. And so she walked, she had walked endlessly through the night, though her legs were weary and she couldn’t bear the constant loop of memories.

push it inSoon enough the tall lady found herself inside the Crimson Dreams lands, not yet knowing what they were called, her keen sense of smell told her that these lands no longer smelt the same, there was something missing, but still, this was the last place that she had seen Conri, surely he would be here somewhere? And so the ebony lady raised her head, the pair of silver hoops in her left ear glinting in the morning light, and howled, she called for Conri, for Nani, for anyone, anyone who would know where her children might be. Slowly the lady sunk to her knees, her head bowed, her long mane hiding her face from view, Soran clasped her hands together to stop them shaking from nerves. The green eyed lady was terrified of the reaction her presence here might have. Finally she raised her head, her green eyes scanning her surroundings at last, and she began to wait.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread