It's the science of the soul
[html]
^_^ These next ones will be much shorter for me. I just got off work a little while ago and my brain is asleep.

She was kind of amazed that she was still living in this area at all after everything that had happened...but the way things had ended up, it had seemed to be the best choice for all involved. The pack hadn't seemed interested in moving, and she had wanted to keep the mansion. If not for her, for the puppies. She had enjoyed exploring it when they'd first come there...and for the most part, it was a safe environment for the little ones. The only exception was the stairs, but she figured that if they were old enough to climb all the way up them that they would be old enough to know how to get back down safely. And to be able to. And even if they couldn't, there was normally an adult running around who could give them a helping hand.

The pack was made up of a few older faces, wolves who she'd known from before the fire, and a few newer faces. It was a nice variety, and all of the packmembers got along well, to her knowledge. The last pack activity that they'd had, a hunt, had been successfull...and she hadn't heard about anything bad happening in the lands. So all was well.

When she stopped Salem nearly bumped into her, but he soon corrected himself, sitting next to Naniko. He looked at Soran consideringly for a few moments before becoming bored with her, changing his gaze to look up at the sky, then at the trees, then back at his mother. She was saying that she knew this stranger, he guessed. At least...she was saying that it was good to see the wolf that sat across from them. Salem had never seen a greeting done before, and he watched with interest, waiting for the big dark wolf to speak.

"We've all been doing well. There is actually a new pack living here, the Crimson Dreams pack--I formed it with a few friends of mine. Are you here for a visit?" She didn't know if she could mention Conri just yet. It seemed too soon. "You're welcome to come inside, if you'd like...maybe we could go for a walk. It would tire him out a little bit..." She motioned toward the pup, "which would be a blessing for later on, when nap time comes." In that moment she realized where she'd gone wrong, though. Salem and Soran didn't know each other, and she hadn't introduced them yet. "Salem, this is Soran Aatte. She's a very important wolf--your grandmother. You should always speak to her kindly, and with respect. And Soran, this is Salem. One of my children."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread