It's the science of the soul
[html]
Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the Fourth of July are the worst for us at the bakery. Everyone wants buns! I have to write my sociology paper, but I figured I would answer this so that we could get it moving and stuff Big Grin <33 And they're still walking, right? xD

"I think that...we've all done some pretty horrible things, at some point in our lives. I have. Conri did. I believe that as long as you realize that what you did was wrong and that you do feel guilt over it, that you can move past it. Feeling guilt is a good thing--it means you know what you did was wrong...and if you know that it's wrong, then you must know what the right thing to do is. You have to make those mistakes to realize the kind of wolf you want to be. And how to become that wolf." Soran had said that she'd done something terrible, but Naniko didn't care about that. She had drank alcohol and slept with Kansas and Lucifer--that had been her one terrible thing. She didn't want to share it with the mother, not yet anyway. For the longest time she had felt that Conri had been right by beating and raping her, that it had been a punishment that she had deserved...but she didn't feel that way anymore.

Conri had left her to begin with; had he expected that she wouldn't find someone else during that time? She hadn't formed a relationship with anyone, that much was true, but she'd developed strange feelings for Kansas...and Lucifer had been there for her the entire time that Conri had been gone. "The other three are triplets--all of them were born at once, in one sac. Two girls and another boy. Salem and Brooklyn, the girl who looks a lot like me, were named after old human cities that I read about in history books and they share my last name. Haven is named after this place, these packlands. The mansion is called "Haven Mansion", named that by Conri. Haven has your last name--he's copper colored, like Conri, but looks more like me in his build. And the last girl is Mati. Conri had said that he really liked that name, Mati...so I did name her that. Mati Church."

They were nearing the mansion now. Her throat felt a little dry from all the talking, and when Soran asked more about Conri it tightened up. The truth would come out sooner or later, she supposed, and if Soran was planning on staying for any amount of time she might as well know everything. "I don't know where he is any more--I haven't seen him since before the pups were born. He got angry with a pack member and beat them...and then beat and raped another. He fled the lands himself, and I haven't seen him since." She looked straight ahead, to the mansion. "If he did come back...Savina and I would chase him back out. He's not allowed here." Naniko started up the front steps, Salem on her heels. He took them a little slower, climbing up each one. When they got inside she turned back to Soran, motioning toward the couch. She could take a rest--she wasn't sure how the mother would react to all of the news. "It's a lot to take in all at once. But I thought that if you planned on sticking around, that you should know that... well,
I have someone else now. And she's the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread