It's the science of the soul
[html]

Gah! Here's you trying to hurry this thread along and here's me being totally unhelpful by being majorly slow with replies XD Sorry. Oh that sounds really interesting, the gender and sexual identity. The most interesting thing I've done this week is learn how being intoxicated can be a defence for certain crimes...

push it inThe ebony lady tucked her legs up around her as she sat in the old chair, pressing her knees together and curling her legs around her to one side. The worry was evident on the grandmother's face as she stared at Naniko, wrestling with the idea that her eldest son may have raped his former mate, that he may have created life through such a hateful act. Once again Soran's hands began to tremble, with an annoyed growl that came from the back of her throat she laced her fingers togeher, gripping her hands together tightly, trying to stop the shaking. She couldn't bear the idea that Conri had hurt anyone, but the idea that it had been Nani made it even worse, the pale female was a daughter to Soran, the ebony fae had considered her so for a long while, even when seeing her as a small pup with her cast when she was out playing with Conri, the scarred female had wished for a daughter just like her, she had never gotten one, but Naniko, despite not being blood related, was close enough for Soran.

push it inA sigh of relief escaped the dark fae's lips as Naniko began to speak, the dark lady was so glad that she had not bene alone when she had given birth, the ebony lady herself had been terrified with her first litter and she hadn't been alone, the idea of having to go through all that with no support, it was unbearable. And at Deuce's name the fae's heart skipped a beat, an image of her pale lady swam in her mind, seeing her just as she had the last time she had ever seen her, on her knees, soaked with rain, her mane flat and limp, her fur sodden, beautiful, perfect and totally Soran's. It made her unspeakably happy to know that Deuce was alive and doing well... with another pack it seemed, unable to stop herself the lady suddenly blurted.

“I am so glad that you had friends and family around you Naniko, I am glad that there were people to help you and to greet the little ones. You say that Deuce came down from her pack to see you, she must consider you a good friend then, where is she living now?” The fae asked, feining being casual, but knowing that a tremor of excitement had flickered across her voice, distorting it for a moment as she spoke Deuce's name.

push it inSoran listened once again as Naniko spoke of her mate. It was expected that she would find someone else, after all the wolf was not a solitary creature, and Soran was glad that her almost-daughter had found someone that she truley cared about, she knew it, just hearing the way she spoke about her, she knew, and that was fine, as long as the pale girl was happy then the obsidian lady would accept it, whatever choices she made, so long as her grandchildren were safe and happy as well.

push it inAnd then Naniko asked the lady the one question she had been debating in her head as she had walked along beside the pale fae, that she had been wondering about since she had discovered that Conri was no longer here. The tall fae paused, watching the fae with her steady jade gaze, considering the options. One option was to leave and to scour the lands searching for Conri, but there was no guarentee that she'd find him around any time soon... and there was no guarentee that he'd want her with him, or have a place to stay, and the dark pelted female had no idea how she would react when she saw him again, the idea of him raping anyone still made her feel nauseous, she couldn't be sure that she'd want to stay with him, that she'd be able to look him in the eye knowing what he'd done.

push it inA great weight was lifted from the dark fae's shoulders as Naniko stated that the pups were not the result of a rape, this was a great joy to the lady, she knew how hard it was to look at children that had been spawned in an act of violence and hate, it was awful, and the idea that it was hard to love your own children was even worse. Though she knew, she knew from the way that Naniko had replied that it had been her that Conri had raped, it had to have been, else she would have answered differently, insisiting that Conri had not raped her, she knew that the lady would try to protect her from the horrid truth about her son, but she doubted that the fae would lie to her, and the fact that she had avoided the issue of Conri attacking her proved that she had indeed been his victim in the dark fae's head. Though the jade eyed lady decided that she would not bring it up as Naniko clearly did not want to speak about it. And so she simply gave her pale near-daughter a long hard look, and then nodded slowly, hoping that Nani would take this as understanding.

push it inBut as for the issue of her staying, there was now no doubt in the ebony lady's mind, there were four pups here that were her blood, her family, she owed it to her other pups to prove that she could cope with children in her life, she owed it to these small pups to be there for them when they needed her. She owed it to little Naniko to be here for her, helping her with the children and hopefully in some way making up for the horrific actions of her son. She wanted a home again, true she would not find Conri here, but she'd have somewhere to come home to after a fruitless day of searching for her red son.
"Naniko... I am glad that the pups are not a result of a rape, having pups that were conceived in such hatred, it is difficult to cope with trust me, they are hard to even look at sometimes. I want to help you though, I want to be here for my grandchildren and you... I want to meet the pack members that you govern, and I want to meet your lady. Naniko, may I stay here, permanently? I think I need my family." Soran replied, bowing her head ever so slightly as she admitted that she needed to be around her family. The truth was that the lady was lonely, she needed the wolves that she loved in her life.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread