we all feed on tragedy
[html]

Everyone had their own story to tell, even Ember. She had lived in Storm for most of her life, up until the fire. At that point she had joined Labrynth Glen until it had disbanded, then Dahlia de Mai, Shadowed Sun, and Esper Hollow. She had even lived in Twilight Vale for a short time, with her mate. The only group actually left out of those packs was Dahlia de Mai; even her sister's precious Twilight Vale had crumbled. "My older sister is a healer, but she put away all her herbs while she was pregnant...I didn't know if she had anything that could help me. My friend Tayui helped a bit...but everything still hurts a lot. My collarbone, I think..and my hand." She'd had broken bones; she knew that there was a more painful part and then a less painful part. She hadn't made the transition to the less painful part yet.

She took the spit when he handed it to her, setting one end on the ground and sliding the fish off the line and into it. She wasn't sure whether to put them on length-wise or width-wise, so she settled for shoving them on in more of a random fashion. She put all of the fish on, going until her line was empty. "I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I don't know how to get rid of infection--Naniko told me that sometimes cuts can get infected, whatever that means, and that it makes them hurt more." She reached a hand up to trace over the slice on her chest absently. Hybrid had injured her there once before, and he'd gone through the scar tissue when he had gotten her this time. Of course, she couldn't complain about it...she'd literally asked for it.

"I thought everything would be so much easier than this." She hadn't expected to be rescued by Tayui; she'd thought that death would come and that she would finally be released from this world. Instead, she was alive...and in nearly constant pain. "I made a stupid mistake. It's okay if you can't do anything, or if you don't know enough to tell me what I can do. It's not your job." She put the spit over the fire, watching the flames lick at the fish. He'd called her specter before...but she wasn't sure what that meant. "It's Ember. Ember Phoenix. But Specter... I kind of like that."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread