we all feed on tragedy
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeBane nodded as the lady spoke. His own pain was something he could easily ignore. Sometimes it was welcome, just to remind him he could still feel it. The majority of the doctor's time was spent in a haze thick enough to detach himself from these things, these petty things that distracted him from his truth. He was okay with that, and he was okay with the dull throb he felt in his freshly broken leg that day; his stomach was content, and his mind was alert. Soon he would continue his descent down the hole.

cakeThe Specter-wolf spoke of friends and relatives, and he could vaguely smell scents of strangers on her when he focused. There was a community here, as Bane had thought, and when he could walk again he would learn more of it. "Now what kind of doctor would I be if I didn't or couldn't help? I live a life of service, Miss Phoenix." A side pocket on Bane's bag contained a few small containers of antibiotic ointment. It was one of those he dug out then, tossing it across the fire towards the ground at the girl's feet. He wondered if she could read. "An infection could do worse than make it hurt more. Use that. It's antibiotic, it'll keep it clean, and a clean wound won't get infected. It would help to keep it covered as well." From the larger part of the bag, his hands easily found a roll of gauze bandages and a pillbox that contained a few extras.

cake"The pills will ease the pain if it's too much. No more than two a day, though." Morphine wasn't a child's drug. "The bandages won't be easy to use on your collarbone, but if you should make any more stupid mistakes in the future, they're there." He smiled when he said that. His tone was gentle and unobtrusive. "Life is rarely ever easy. My name is Bane, by the way. A pleasure, ma'am."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread