we all feed on tragedy
[html]
I definitely want more threads with you :] And my post is kind of weird o.O sorry!

Much of what he was saying made sense to her, about life not being easy and about the medicine. She wasn't sure how bad her collarbone was, really, but understood that it would be painful for a while. You couldn't put a cast over a bone that was inside your body, anyway...not like an arm or a leg. Ember had her hands back out toward the fire again, though her left one remained in its crumpled position. She hadn't been able to move any of the fingers except for her thumb, and even when she moved her thumb it made something stretch and hurt.

"I didn't know if all doctors are like you are. Or if you're like all doctors. I don't know...I've only seen healers. But they're not the same thing, are they?" Probably not. Or he would have said that he was a healer. She moved a little closer and held her injured hand toward him next, without him even saying anything, so that he might look at it. "Something is broken, but I don't know what." She explained.

For the duration of their conversation her eyes had rested on various things. The fire, the ground, the bandages and medicine, but never really on Bane himself. At least, not for any period of time. Now, though, she took the opportunity to glance upwards. She couldn't tell what color his eyes were, exactly, or if his fur was a pitch black or if it had brownish tones like hers. But his voice was unlike anything she'd heard--very smooth and calm, even when faced with someone with injuries like hers.

He stopped speaking, though, and it took her a moment to recall what he said and think it over. "You're making fun of me" She stated, ears going back for a moment. But then he was smiling. Or...it looked like a smile. She couldn't quite tell with the firelight. "I'm going to try and stay out of trouble now. But it's hard. Hopefully the next time I see you it won't be because I'm hurt." Bane was an interesting name. She thought to ask where he'd gotten it, even where he had come from, but a retort to his comment came first. "I'm not old enough to be a 'ma'am'. Are you old enough to be a 'sir'?" She could figure out his age that way. Then she would ask about his heritage. Maybe.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread