we all feed on tragedy
[html]
cakeLol Ember is funny. XD

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeIf they were to speak of addiction, they would have found a common ground to stand on. If Ember's drug of choice was adrenaline -- and it was a drug -- Bane's was morphine. He had originally started taking the painkillers for an injury that had healed long before he could even have called himself a real doctor. It had been the answer to his youthful anger and rebellion, to the child's fear and uncertainty. These things had long ago left him, but the addiction had stayed. He was stable now, but nor was he in denial. Bane lied to nobody, not even himself, and his honesty was something refused to fear: he was a drug addict, and one day it would take his life. Or worse, his mind. He knew that, better than anyone else. Everyone had their demons.

cakeBane relaxed his grip a little in response to her expression of pain. He nodded as she spoke; he listened well, as any doctor should. Under her dark fur, he could feel the wounds. It made him curious about who she had fought, who would do this to a lady. Letting go, he lifted his blue eyes to meet hers again and spoke. "You can move your fingers, though? If you can, they're likely not broken. Flex your hand for me." Her injuries looked painful, but shallow in the sense that they would leave no lasting damage provided she took care of herself. If someone had caused those wounds on her hand with their teeth, then she was lucky to still have all five fingers.

cakeHe smiled a genial smile as she spoke of future check-ups. "If you'd like me to, my lady, I shall." The man took pride in his work.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread