cozy autumn night
The warmth to the fire was slowly beginning to register. It only made him realise how chilled the weather had left him. Although he could have stayed and cuddled the pups for an eternity, Noah ever so softly nuzzled the pair and made sure they were tucked in snugly before quietly making his way over to Iskata and the inviting fire. Trying to be as quiet as he could so not to disturb the cubs, Noah lowered himself down beside their mother and stretched out his limbs closer to the fire. A warm dry place had not crossed his mind when he had set out but it was a definite welcomed perk.

As he rested his head down, he let his tail thump once in thanks for the fireside invitation. There was just something so calming about the warmth of a fire and the smell of pups. He felt completely relaxed. His eyes felt heavy and he failed to force a yawn back.

“Aye, but he’s grown now. I ‘ave ta let ‘im lead his own life,” he said sleepily. He wasn’t about to go butting into the boys life again. Lucifer seemed to have done well in Noah’s absence. It was Noah’s hope that by keeping his distance from the boy, Lucifer would continue to do better. He hated to think that he might mess the lad up again. When she added her opinion to it, he lifted his head and gazed at her for a moment, not sure he heard right. He wasn’t even sure what she meant completely.

“I’ll be fine, lass. It won’t be da first winter I see nor da last.”

Messages In This Thread