cozy autumn night
From the corner of her eye she watched as tiny Zana began to settle back in the warmth of the blankets as Noah gave in to the warmth of the fireside. A soft smile played on her lips as the silvery gold lady stretched out her forelegs, her toes almost nestled in the ashes of the fire as she sighed in contentment. She'd already long decided that the borders didn't need her this day, DaVinci or Jefferson were probably already moving along one side or the other to renew and strengthen the scent markers. She pushed the responsiblities away as her sky blue eyes caught the tail end of Noah's yawn, her own jaw aching to follow, and without warning did.

Shaking her head she chuckled. "Stop that, don't you know it's catching.." already she thought that another one was attempting to follow but instead she lay her head down on her paws, the brisk warmth of the fire blashing in her face, her eyes half shut as her ears turned back to catch the argument of the grey male. Tilting her head to the side to watch him with eyes half open she persisted. "He still needs and wants a father.. it doesn't matter how old he is. He'll always be your little boy." She said the words without thinking, atleast of who they were referring to. She didn't like Lucifer for her own reasons, mostly it was trust that was the problem.. as well as his on high thoughts of himself and how he never seemed to take up the fact that he could be wrong, that he was capable of making mistakes. The boy needed some guidance, he needed a mature stable figurehead.. and she knew she couldn't be that to him. "I can't do what you can Noah. I can bully him, I can berate him and make him bare his throat.. but I can't make him respect me, I can't make him want to be a better man.." Her words were quiet as she'd lifted her head up, shaking the burning heat from her skin with the cooling air as she sighed.

She gazed at her paws a moment, the light making them glow more red and gold than silver as she moved on. "I want you here Noah, you belong with your family. You deserve to be with them.. I can't protect them all, don't force me to choose between one child or another if such dangers ever crossed our paths." She had children and grandchildren and other varieties of relatives in the pack, Deuce had Lucifer, her son, and the unborn litter. The season was pressing down on them and soon she knew that others would become short pressed for food while Phoenix Valley lavished in the livestock alongside of the wild prey. She had brought these changes to their lands but they had been stronger then, with three leaders and a small yet solid pack. They'd grown so much she was unsure of her strengths anymore. "We need you Noah. We need your loyalty, your fierce dedication and pride. A Father, grandfather and friend. You belong here." She knew she should have done it or even spoke it.. she knew how tenderhearted the older male was and she knew she was pressing all the right buttons.. but she didn't want to be the one to have to find the greyscaled male oneday and tell him she hadn't been able to save his son.. or grandson if blood stained their lands.

Messages In This Thread