lie and smile to get what's mine
[html]
cake

'cause all i ever had,
cakeSomething itched at him, something from a distance Bane couldn't quite put his finger on. He wasn't paying attention. Even if he had he wouldn't have been able to identify it, and long ago he had given up trying. The black wolf knew a losing battle when he saw one. The man kept reading, eyeing the pages that may as well have been blank. He was content in appreciating this lack of discomfort and recognizing it all had a purpose in the long run.

cakeThis place was relatively safe; so far all he had had to fear was a starving cougar and some strays who stumbled across him accidentally. This trend continued when the itching in the back of his mind ceased and a scent caught his full attention. Lifting his head, Bane eyed the stranger who had found him his time, alight in the fire and simultaneously shrouded in the darkness. Far enough away, the stranger was clear as day.

cakeNow, a past few days' history of relatively kind strangers didn't necessarily mean they would all be friendly. The black band the wolf had dug from the bottom of his bag was wrapped tightly around his wrist, the handle of his butterfly knife hidden in its folds. Bane far preferred to use it on the dead or dying. "Hello," he stated, an inquisitive look in his eyes, his mother's eyes. Calm as ever. It was debatable whether this was from his meditation or from the morphine. "May I help you?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread