lie and smile to get what's mine
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeAnother halfling. All places had their unique traits and the Old World was no different. Bane's world was a separate place from this one, but he had never been one to resist change. Change could bring about great fortune, and Lady Luck favoured the blue-eyed male. The halflings, the war, it had never affected him morally. None of it had. It had never been about bloodshed to him; it had been about his job. A man did what he had to do today to see tomorrow.

cakeThe fire in his veins numbed him, relaxed him, in a situation where perhaps he shouldn't have been relaxed. Strangers put him on edge in a way he found entertaining. Life, it was a game, it was a gamble, and Bane sensed no immediate danger. The broken leg was a glaring weakness but he hadn't needed to defend himself. Yet the instinct was as alive as it had ever been. It bled light in his eyes and encompassed his senses. What, it told him, and why, it asked.

cakeThe black wolf couldn't resist a smile as the halfling spoke. "Recovering." What else would he be doing? This man carried the heavy scent of others with him. Another one who chained himself, a willing captive. It smelled almost familiar, and Bane figured he was nearby the stranger's lands. A halfling landowner -- what a concept. With a flick of his wrist, the doctor shut the medical book. "Is there any reason why I shouldn't be here?" His question wasn't sarcastic or challenging, simply curious.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread