lie and smile to get what's mine
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeThe story was more than a metaphor; it was the reason for Bane having returned to the province in which he was born. It held meaning for him, in some twisted sense it drove him beyond even what he had expected when he had first heard it himself. He had a reason for telling it, or at least he believed he did. Perhaps things would change, although at the moment that seemed unlikely. His head was alive and he recalled the days when he would visit the dying jackal for more words of truth.

cakeAnd time would tell, he had said; and so it would.

cakeWhen the halfling spoke, Bane found another reason to be curious about this man who had invited himself into his fire. He could now identify that scent that Gabriel carried with him, although it wasn't much more than a name to him. "Inferni," he stated calmly. "You're their leader?" It was more of a statement than anything, phrased in question format to maintain his standards of formality. Some leaders were more obvious than others, and this halfling really did remind the doctor of someone. Someone who would have been insulted for the comparison. He wondered how long Gabriel had known he was Phasma's son. "I am. Is she alive?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread