lie and smile to get what's mine
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeThe news of his mother was not a surprise, nor did it particularily affect him emotionally. He had never known the woman, save for those first few short weeks of his life. Nothing in memory. He had her eyes and her colouring, and through no fault of her own, it was all he ever would have from her. Vaguely, he wondered what -- or who -- had killed her. These were stories of times he would never know.

cake"No," Bane answered decidedly, calmly. "Although it is a nice benefit, I must say. Knowledge for the sake of it." The doctor's blue eyes focused on his companion. Gabriel was blurry behind the crackling fire, and the light soaked through everything Bane saw, saturating the world in red and yellow. Halos formed over the trees. "I would like to tell you why I came here, Gabriel, but that's another story for another time. Would it be alright if I visited you in Inferni in the future, when my leg has healed?" Bane could be called a lot of things -- a sinner, a killer, a drug addict -- but above it all he was a man of his word. The instinct aside, he wanted to know the truth, if the dead prophet's last words had been correct. Nonetheless, if told to stay away, he would do so.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread