lie and smile to get what's mine
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeTrust was something that came seldom to Bane, whether given or received. Something about the cryptic wolf had failed to sit right with many of the more observant folks he had encountered in the past; they were both right and wrong to think that way. He was safe only if his own trust had been earned; until then he was a potential enemy, and intelligence and patience like his own was a deadly mix. Rarely did it affect him either way. Company wasn't something he craved, except to relieve his insatiable curiosity. It had been said once that no man was an island. Bane would easily prove them wrong.

cakeWhen his companion spoke, the doctor smiled at him through the hazy firelight and shook his head very slightly. Much time had passed since then and Bane refused to hold grudges that weren't his own; he refused to adopt ideas and prejudices that weren't his own. Blood wasn't always thicker than water, and he had his own path to follow, a path that had never been defined by this place, by his family, but rather by Fate herself. "It was never my pack," he replied easily. Nonetheless, this was a common thing, Bane found, this mistake that Gabriel had just made: he was assuming that Bane was someone who cared.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread