and i know that i'm no king
[html]
PPing him being picked up, if that's okay with you

Things had settled down at least a little bit, though the two creatures were still looking at each other intently. She figured that Salem would have to meet the other animals of the world eventually, so why not now, when she was here? She had gotten into so much trouble when she'd been younger...and though she knew Salem was the least likely to follow in her footsteps in that aspect, it was almost certain that he would run into something unfamiliar like this in the future.

"Wasssssit doing?" The kit, Meerda, asked her, trying to back up further as Salem put his paw up on her. Naniko reached down to pick the pup up from the floor, settling him on her lap. "He wants up here, with us." The fox looked skeptical (if she was deciphering her expression correctly) but stayed on the other cushion. It tried to speak to Salem in small squeaks. "You are her baby? I has mother too."

"This fox lives in the forest, just like we do. It has its own den, just like our cave...and it lives with its parents like you do. Maybe you could become friends someday. Her paw is broken now, though, so she should be resting." She wasn't sure how much he knew about the concept of broken bones, or that wolves even had an internal structure at all. But there was always time to teach them. Naniko was hoping that, in the future, one of the pups might show interest in learning about herbs. Then when she passed on to the next world there would still be someone here to take care of everyone's injuries. "Maybe we should go out for a walk. We could take Meerda home."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread