and i know that i'm no king
I'm fine with any powerplaying as long as it doesn't involve Naniko swinging him around by his tail or death. Tongue
[html]
knowledge locked in a tower — barons will hold the key

Victory! His tail wag a brief, but triumphant wag as Naniko lifted him of of the floor and into her lap. Salem could not help but beam a broad, tight-lipped smile at his mother, so happy to be the centre of her attention (at least for the moment). That very attention was drawn away by the fox making noise at him, and his head whipped around so quickly that Salem lost his own sense of balance for a moment. But he didn't answer her, only stared. Before too long, Naniko was explaining just what it was that this fox thing was, talking about how it lived outside and in a cave.

If it was actually one thing that Salem wasn't overly fond of, it was outside. There was snow, and snow was cold, wet, and among other things, it made him naturally miserable because he wasn't much bigger than the drifts that had already started to collect against the shadowy side of the mansion. Yet he needed not to worry about it too much, because he didn't really stray out of the places where everyone else had been—where the snow was mashed flat—but he was on occasion, curious. Curiosity killed the cat and curiosity had accidentally buried Salem in a snow pile one morning.

That aside, he merely peered up at his mother expectantly when she mentioned taking the intrusion (at least that's how he viewed this strange fox) home. Walks were okay in his book, because he would be a brave little boy and follow his mother wherever she wanted to go, whenever she wanted to go. Twisting around in Naniko's lap, he joyfully and perhaps immaturely messed up her fur, but attempted to be oh so much more cuter than he was any other time. A dead give away that he probably didn't approve of her divvying up her attention, given that he more or less tried to pull the same stunt around his siblings. Roll around, make cute faces… whole nine yards. Whether or not it ever worked was generally forgotten by him; his siblings were a lot more vocal and rambunctious than he was.

but if knowledge is power — know this is tyranny
[/html]

Messages In This Thread