and i know that i'm no king
[html]
knowledge locked in a tower — barons will hold the key

He revelled in the moment that she snuggled him close. He loved the attention that he got in those little moments, however brief they were. Salem drew in her well known scent and gurgled a sound out that was something akin to a purr. But just as soon as the affection came, it was gone, and he was pulled out of a comforting reverie as his mother righted him and placed him on the floor. For a couple of fleeting moments as she gathered the fox kit, he looked at the room bleakly and blankly, merely staring off into space until the floorboards gave away at the fact she was moving along.

He scurried out of her way and fell in behind her—frowning bitterly while her back was turned as he wanted to be the carried one—following Naniko wherever she went. His mother could have walked off of the edge of a building and he would have followed without question. Wherever she went, he generally liked to follow if he could… at least until she walked far too fast for his little feet to keep up with. At her question, Salem's face scrunched up thoughtfully for a moment, but the boy hadn't the faintest idea what they could do. So, he shrugged. Saying “I'd like to get rid of that fox thing,” wouldn't have been the right thing to say, this he knew without testing the waters first.

but if knowledge is power — know this is tyranny
[/html]

Messages In This Thread