forever like herself
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">

She's got colors to spare and i don't care what they choose

The answer that came from the grey colored child quite surprised Cercelee. How direct and to the point the pup was, Cercelee had imagined puppies to be bumbling creatures that didn’t quite know what they wanted. Of course, this one in particular was half grown, in only half a year or so she would be an adult. Besides, Cercelee had very limited experience with children, she had to remember she didn’t quite know what they were like. As she considered the child’s request (not that she would let the child in, of course she would do that, but rather what it would mean for the rest of the pack) Cercelee wondered who, if any, of her members had experience with children. Slay and Cwmfen had never been parents as far as she knew, and Firefly was even younger than Cer herself. Haku of course had had children, but as Cercelee remembered Coli’s pathetic state at their parting she didn’t want to entrust this child’s teachings to him. Mew perhaps, but Mew had lost her own litter and Cer didn’t know if she’d be ready to interact with a child who, had Mew’s pups lived, would be close in age to her own. Perhaps, like many of the things the pack did, it would have to be a group effort to show this younger version of themselves, the ropes.

Yet why was this child here, asking for a home? This troubled Cer, for she could only envision the worse of situations. "Where do you come from little miss? And where is your family?" Cercelee knew that often family was lost or they cast away the blessings nature gave to them, but all the same the Rosea had to make sure that this was not just a headstrong child who wanted to strike out on her own a little too soon. "My name is Cercelee, and I am the leader of this pack. We quite do have room for you, if that’s truly what you wish, but it troubles me to find you here, when you should be with your brothers and sisters, wherever they are." Perhaps she shouldn’t have spoken those words. It might be traumatic for the ashen female before her to recall the events that led her here, but it was something that had to be known before she accepted the creature into her pack. With adults, she often did not question their pasts, only the present and what they hoped for the future, their skills and flaws, but a child was still developing, deciding the future day by day, so the pasts was a little more important. Casting her eyes to the hawk perched on the shoulder of the girl, Cercelee wondered about him as well, but that would come in time, and she knew that many wolves took on creatures as companions of a sort.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread