In a place I could not find, nor heart obey
Inspite of the pain that seemed to have surrounded her life as of lately the memories of the small child who'd loved insects so freely had brought a slight smile to her lips when he confirmed what she'd only been hoping. She felt Skylar shift and move away from the two as he asked of her condition. Her ears flicked back as the happy memories were wiped away with a quick brisk brush of the slate as she shook her head. She couldn't even come to admit to them all the full story, the truth of how she'd been cornered in the entrance to the bear's den and held there long enough for the bear to get his claws into her flesh as the bastard flitted from sight.

Wrapping her tail around her bad leg she shifted all her weight to one side as she frowned. "It was an accident.." she said sadly. "I ran into a bear outside our territory." There was really nothing more to talk about. She'd survived, not by much but she was still here to tell the tale. She shifted her sightless eyes to the side, catching the sounds of Skylar as she began to lay down in the snow, hoping that the girl wouldn't pipe up with the rest of the story, of how close she'd come to not being here. No words came though and Iskata turned back to the scent of the boy, now a full grown.

Her weak smile returned as she tried to push it all aside, "I've missed you too Pepe.." she said, wishing that she wasn't in the state she was, wanting to rush forward and find comfort in a lost child now returned. She asked instead, "Where did the winds take my little Bumblebee?" So often he'd played at being bugs, bees, flies, crickets and hoppers. All sorts of bugs she'd have to avoid trampling with the pup underfoot at the same time. It was amusing but tough work still... but he was here now and she hoped it was for good..

Messages In This Thread