In a place I could not find, nor heart obey
[html]

Pepe listened as Iskata spoke. She sounded so sad, as if that sadness seeped into her core being. He didn't remember the vibrant woman sounding like that in the past. Even though when he was a puppy he could tell she was a little troubled when they first met, she had become so content afterward. The white male remembered Phoenix and Moon and Sun, and how Iskata had been expecting a new litter of puppies. If Phoenix had still been around, he would never have let anything bad happen to his mate, Pepe decided. So Phoenix must have scattered to the winds like he had. He wondered where the man was, but he didn't want to ask Iskata. She seemed so sad already.

His ears pricked up as she spoke of her daughter. "The puppies!" he said. "I guess they'd be full grown now. For some reason I expected they'd still be small. Did you name your daughter Firefly?" It warmed his heart to think of it. That maybe even though he had been gone, he still remained in his mother's heart enough for her to remember what he used to call her. And to think enough of that name to pass it on to her daughter. He drew away from the cocoon of Iskata's comforting and familiar scent enough to smile and nod at Skylar. He was very grateful for her taking such obviously good care of the woman they both loved. It showed on his face.

"You'll always be my firefly, Iskata. My light in the dark." he said.He turned back to the gold and silver lady. "I want to stay here, with you. I want my life to be the way it should have been..." He hesitated. "If you'll have me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread