In a place I could not find, nor heart obey
Iskata's world had been sad for a length of time after returning back to the lands and finding their old home in ruins. Over time though the world had opened up before her and hope had restored the woman to her once happy and carefree nature.. the accident had marred the woman spiritually and physically and now it seemed that she was falling once more into the painful loop that was the phoenix's death and rebirth. She lowered her sightless gaze as Pepe began to speak, asking of better times and the life he'd missed out on.

She smiled wistfully as she shook her head. "They are grown and have lives of their own in different packs... old enough to have mates of their own and thinking of families too.." A weak sigh drifted from her lips as she nodded at the last question he had asked. "I named her Firefly.. and she's even more one than I am.." The young girls brilliant coat was like gold in the light, the cast of bronze making it even more amazing. While Iskata's own tones paled beside her daughters she never was jealous. There was nothing she cared for when it came to beauty, though she herself had once been vain. It would have been so funny now.. if she could even pause to imagine it all... but nowadays there was nothing she could see when she tried to look beyond the darkness.

She drew back when the sudden warmth of his touch disappeared. She knew he was still there and yet it scared her that one could be so close and yet you still felt so lost. The gentle words of her young man filled the air as she felt a tear slide down her cheek. "I could never turn you away Pepe.. as long as I'm here there will be a home for you." It was the only thing in her power, the only thing she could do. She was useless on the borders now, she was useless on the hunt and in a fight. She could make him one of their own and she would.

Moving forward slowly until her nose pressed against his fur the Matriarch said softly. "Welcome to Phoenix Valley.."

Messages In This Thread