you're yesterday's child to me
The smaller version of her father never liked when the adults argued and she'd always made herself as scarce as possible when it started, today was no different. Skylar had moved on towards the barn, leaivng the bitter voices beyond her as she went to tend to the chores her grandmother had seemingly wanted to work on. She shook her head at the gruff male and her stubborn grandmother, there was a lot to do and if they kept this up she'd have it all done before they were even finished.

Iskata turned away from the male as she growled softly. She knew he was being honest and she'd respected the male so much more for that honestly but she didn't want him to waste it on her. She wanted to do so many things and yet every step of the way now she was held back by one thing or another. The woman knew she had said things she shouldn't have to the one male who actually knew some bit of how she felt but when she snapped her head across to gaze at the male with those scarred and sightless orbs she had little compassion for his own pain. "You can still see the world around you. You'll get to watch my baby grow, you still have something to see." She knew she was being childish in her excuses, but it wasn't what she would miss that was the point, it was what couldn't miss her, in the darkness of her new world and the darkness of her dreams.

Her whole mannerism fell as she whispered harshly. "I'm afraid.."

Messages In This Thread