you're yesterday's child to me
Iskata was quiet as he spoke. She knew he was right and yet she still didn't want to admit it. She didn't want to start all over again from step one and relearn the dance and rhythm she had fallen into so well in the past. Starting over with a body that didn't feel like her own was too much for her to handle right now. She just wanted to be the same old character she'd once been but it was hard to let go of what might have been and greet the new wisdom of moving on. She cast her visionless orbs back to the fire that flickered and danced without her seeing it as she nodded in understanding.

"I don't welcome change, when it's myself who has to bend or break." she admitted finally. She sighed softly and grumbled. "I'll rest for now.. but don't try and change me Jefferson.." she said with a brittle edge to her voice. She knew in time she'd have to adit to all of it and take her spot but she still believed she could be what she once was, she hadn't admitted defeat or wanted to believe that she had to be reshaped to fit the new mold in life. She lowered her head to her paws and closed her eyes.. wishing this had all just been some strange dream though she knew it was no illusion.

Messages In This Thread