Walking through the slush (joining?)
Kasch let out the breath he’d been holding to puff himself up. His breath formed a little cloud in front of his face for a moment, but it quickly vanished. Well, his attempt at looking older had failed utterly, but at least the one-eyed wolf seemed more amused than annoyed by it.

The youngster lollopped along behind the big wolf, his youth even more obvious in his big paws and long legs which showed how much growing he had yet to do. He was more than willing to go somewhere warm. Though he’d been born in this climate, his family was from a long line of desert and plains dwellers. The coat he’d inherited from them really wasn’t very well suited to slogging through the snow.

As they walked, Kasch stayed silent for a few moments, pondering his answer to the one-eyed wolf’s questions. His reasons for coming to Phoenix Valley were fairly straightforward. The question about his talents, though, now that took some thought. What could he do that a pack might find useful? There was one thing that came to mind. It might be a bit of a long shot, but it was all he had at the moment.

“Well, I’ve heard good things about this place. That, and it was the closest. I’m not exactly built for snow travel. My family came from a much warmer place. Um, would storytelling count as a talent? My... my mother taught me and she always said I was good at it. I know all the stories she taught me from her old pack. I learn fast and I work hard. Um, I can’t think of anything else.”

He fell silent again. Kasch wasn’t normally quite so chatty, but he was nervous. Hopefully he hadn’t chattered the big wolf’s ears off.

{ooc: Yeah, sorry for the shortness of those last two posts. My muse was a bit dead last night. I think I've managed to revive it now though.}

Messages In This Thread