Walking through the slush (joining?)
As he followed along behind and to the side of the big wolf, taking care to not get on his blind side, Kasch noticed something. The big wolf was smiling a little. That was good, wasn’t it? He wasn’t sure. For the first time since meeting the other wolf, he looked at him, really studied him, trying to figure out as much as he could from his appearance.

He was big, that was the youngster’s first impression of him. Then again, Kasch was relatively small, so his assessment of the other wolf’s size might be a bit skewed. He also had only one eye, lots of scars, and a limp. What Kasch gleaned from this assessment was just the obvious fact that the one-eyed wolf had been through a lot. Whether he’d brought it on himself or not, though, he couldn’t be sure. One could get wounds as bad as that from falling off a cliff or something nearly as easily as one could get them from fighting. He had no experience to draw on to determine whether they were battle wounds or not.

He was roused out of his study of his guide by the remark about his family. He tensed for a moment, then his ears drooped, his tail drooped, his whole countenance fell. He looked as though his world had been irreparably damaged and nothing would ever be right again. It was kind of pitiful really. His reply was muttered softly, more to himself than to the other wolf.

“Since Mother... now that she... she’s gone, I don’t have a family anymore.”

He purposely avoided mentioning his father. He didn't count as family anymore anyway. Kasch hoped the other wolf would ask. He never wanted to think about his father again.

{ooc: Ok then, thanks! I edited my first post. I think that’s the right information. I don’t use it very often, only when I know people will be trying to reach me through it.}

Messages In This Thread