Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
DaVinci hadn't even stopped to realize that the woman before him was the same that had almost bashed him up for upsetting Laruku so. His life had changed so much in the past months that the past seemed even more distant than ever. When he actually took a good look at the girl as she spoke up he realized a little late who she was, or atleast that he'd met her before. He wrapped his arms around the bundle where Zana lay sleeping as he admitted quietly. "Yeah.. I just.. I'd never seen him look so helpless before." DaVinci had seen the male display quite a few different emotions.. or atleast quite a few differnt reactions from him or varities of who may have been the parasite in the host.. but he'd never seen the male so broken down.. and somehow he had thought it had been his fault.. but life had moved on even past that moment in time too.

She didn't seem to concerned about the past though and he figured if she could put it past her he wasn't going to bring it all to the surface again to be examined. It was over, said and done. Instead though she asked about another touchy subject and before he could stop himself his ears pressed flat against his skull as he shook his head. "I can take you to her.. but I don't know if that's best." DaVinci knew he should ask Jefferson or Deuce before admitting anyone into the lands, but he had never been one to follow the rules when they didn't make sense. The distant relative before him wanted to see Iskata, he could grant her that much, but he wasn't sure if it was going to do the girl a kindness or cruelity with the state the elder was in.

DaVinci gestured with his arm for her to join him as he shuffled Zana in his arms, the abrupt move waking the welp as a yap of protesting grumbles filled the space. Arranging the pack to where the small pup could peer out he found himself apologizing again."Sorry.. meet Zana, she's a handful.." Introducing the small one he left out a few important facts. He hadn't come outright and announced that he was another of those long lost relatives she seemed to be searching for but he was playing host for the time, not here to gab about all the gossip and social life, they could do that later if she so pleased. Now, he had work to do, his life getting a little too serious without Ryan to balance out the day to day.

Walking down the red dirt road that seemed to run through the lands he spoke softly, filling her in on what he'd spoken so gravely about earlier. "Mother.. was in an accident.." Frank and to the point. Did he forget to mention to her earlier that he was Iskata's son, well, now she knew atleast. "I've been taking care of Zana since she can't.. because she couldn't or she wouldn't, he was afraid to find out. The once Matriarch of the lands just seemed to spend her days moping about the lands and gazing into fires she couldn't see. "She's healing but it's not pretty.." His mother looked like a damn monster out of some human story, stitched up from head to toe, crippled, blind and zombie like in actions and mental capablities too sometimes. He knew she was somewhere inside there but everything she said or did seemed like an echo of who she once was.

Messages In This Thread