Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
[html]

In the few quiet moments between the two, Rachias continued to inch her way forward, until finally she came to the very edges of the fire place. There was only a brief moment of hesitation there before she finally lowered herself, perching herself on the edges of the bricks that the older woman rested on, placing her hands in her lap as she situated herself. "He did." She answered quietly, choosing to keep silence about the fact that her father never really did think of anyone as family. She may have never even known about Iskata if she hadn't asked him. "He said that I could find you and maybe some of your children here." Two of which she had already had the pleasure of meeting.

The woman's next question took Rachias by surprise, not because she was asked, but because she had never been asked to describe herself before. She'd only ever bothered to look at herself in a mirror once or twice, so she wasn't sure how to answer. "I don't look anything like my mother." Could she even really remember what her mother had looked like? Did Iskata even know who her mother was? "I'm darker than my father, rich brown, but I have creamy colored spots on the edges of my ears and the back of my neck." Was she doing well? She wanted to include every detail that she possibly could. "My hair is long and wavy, brown and creamy white also." She explained, still smiling her careful smile. "And bright blue eyes, lighter than DaVinci's." Blue like yours, she could have said, but had kept the words to herself. She could barely see the blue of the woman's eyes behind the white that had taken them.

"I don't really look more like one or the other. Coyote or wolf, I mean." She seemed the perfect mixture of both, like a medium sized wolf that happened to be a might bit more slender than a wolf should be. Feeling somewhat pleased with the description that she had given the older woman, Rachias grew quiet for a moment, finally speaking up when she thought it might be appropriate. "Do I have any other family?" It was a quiet question, one that she thought Iskata could answer better than her father could have.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread