Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
Iskata was more than surprised at the reassurance of the girl that Laruku had spoken of her. She flicked her ears back slightly before relaxing and settling down again as the woman spoke. She smiled slightly as she nodded at the girl's words. "I invited your father to join us once.." a wistful half smile stayed upon her lips as she shook her head regretfully. "I tried to check in on him from time to time.. but I wasn't very good at it.. and it wasn't like we were that close." She had wished differently at one point but it didn't seem to matter now.

Resting her head on her paws she stared distantly at the nothing in the flames as she moved on. "Quite a bit of the family lives here. DaVinci and Magdalena, though I haven't seen Mags for a while. DaVinci's children Tyrone and Skylar.. and my newest child Zana. Jefferson as well, though he's not one of my children, but my nephew." She smiled at the girl though she didn't know if she was even watching her anymore or if she even really cared that much. The silver and gold lady's own inner voice argued that she was being foolish in thinking that the girl didn't care, she'd come here to meet them hadn't she?

She was silent a moment as she waited for the answer to the strange question she had thrown to the girl. When she was greeted with the discription of the child who sat perched beside her she couldn't help but wish that she could actually see the young woman. She knew that describing oneself didn't do justice to seeing the real thing. Iskata had no clue who the child's mother was and she really didn't care. She might have known the woman or she may not have(DaVinci sure knew her quite well) but now all that was left was the child in the room. She tilted her head to the side as she said softly. "I wish I could see you.. I bet you made your father proud.." how strange to say father and mean Laruku but it didn't matter. She knew that the girl had to be beautiful but there was little else she could say along those lines, just let her mind try and picture the child she would never see.. another like Zana who would grow up without her ever seeing what they grew into.

Iskata glanced at her paws as she was slightly glad to hear that Rachias hadn't followed in the pawprints of Laruku, DaVinci and Zana, leaning more towards their coyote heritage. She doubted that Laruku had faced much pain for his halfblood heritage but she had spent too much time worrying about her own broad and the hatreds of the worlds. When the woman asked about other family Iskata's weak smile returned as she admitted the truth. "Where would you begin.. there's family in Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams.. a few are loners as well I think. " she flicked her tail up and down as she thought about it. "Cercelee, Haku, Mew and Firefly live in Dahlia de Mai.. my son Kansas and adopted daughter Naniko and her children reside in Crimson Dreams. Ember, my other daughter roams the lands alone I believe.." she shook her head, wishing that she wouldn't do such things.. that she'd settle down.

Iskata asked suddenly. "You live alone? What about your brother?" Iskata only knew that Laruku had one son still alive and the other had been a justifiable murder. She only knew names, and that wasn't much. She really wished that she had learned of the children earlier.. or that she'd been more curious to seek them out before her accident but life didn't turn out thatway. Now she would just have to imagine everything and learn second hand, even at the hands of the children.. for without sight everything seemed secondhand.

Messages In This Thread