i once was born to be bad
[html]

Good and evil were vague and undefined concepts, but they had always been highlighted and bolded enough for him to understand the difference between the two. He had grown up trying to be what no one else around him had been, clutching at that golden halo like he would die without it. Gradually, as he grew older, the glowing light slipped away and he walked the hazy line that he was starting to lose sight of -- that was a natural thing though and he hadn't really cared all that much until the downward spiral began. And even then, at some point, he had been able to come to terms with everything he had had and lost. But it seemed that that acceptance had coincided with the birth of the sinister grin that lurked in the back of his head. Deep down, he was probably a just masochist. He did it all to himself and he didn't know how to live without it anymore.

Visit. Someone was laughing; that was just such a funny way to put it. And Laruku found that he couldn't keep from smiling, even if it was a wretched, forlorn smile with no mirth in it whatsoever. He came to kill me, he said quietly, lifting his head just high enough to reveal the recent horizontal scars across his tender throat. I don't know why he stopped. He rested his chin on his knees again. It was probably mostly a lie -- he knew why and wished it weren't true because it would hurt less if it weren't true (but if it weren't true, he'd probably undoubtedly be dead). How long was he in Storm? And if he wasn't coming back; where did he go? And for fuck's sake, why aren't you with him?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread