No place like home
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">

The male chuckled at Leland admitting that horses could be a tricky thing. The young ones born into the tribe had always picked it up rather easily once they could shift, since the horses were around and everyone else was doing it, but they'd had joiners in the past who hadn't been used to it, and it had definitely been a sight. When you got it in as a kid it was easier, but a grown person would have to work much harder. Of course, he had as much time as he wanted, and he'd have to get used to the horses as well. It'd come in time, and Dawali was not worried that his chuckle would be interpreted in the wrong way. At the moment we have no scouts. You could try that out if you want. At least then he'd know what was available. They had three members capable of medicine at the moment, and two members at the warrior rank, and Catherine had voiced her interest for scouting. Whether she wanted it and was mature enough to handle it was another matter, though, and they'd see in time. Leland probably needed a few moments to chew on everything anyways. It was a big change, joining a pack.

Surprised at the next question that Leland presented, Dawali realized he had taken their custom of self-built homes for granted. Wasn't that just natural? Although Leland seemed like a guy who didn't shift much, so it was probably more natural for him not to. It depended on how one was brought up, Dawali supposed. Ah, yes. We live in self built homes. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it's quite a bit more comfortable than the alternative if you ask me. Me or some of the other tribe members could show you how it's done if you're at a loss. He was about to mention his daughter as a continuation of what he'd just said when the mix in front of him asked of her himself. A tendency of an exclamation mark lit up in Dawali's head. So they'd met? Asha hadn't mentioned that. Although of course a girl that independent and her age didn't go telling her dad everything she did, and he didn't expect her to. Perhaps that was what had spurred Leland into joining them, and not Dawali. He had thought perhaps Leland had come here because of how they seemed to be getting along... Uncertain whether he liked this or not (none of his daughters had been around males much yet, or at least as far as he knew...), he decided to be neutral. And if Leland somehow sought the companionship of his daughter, it was ok, probably. He'd find out. Tossing those thoughts away, Dawali nodded but kept the male's gaze, interested. She is. But she's everywhere lately, with that horse of hers, so I haven't seen her much. A girl can't stick around her old papa all the time, eh?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread