No place like home
[html]

“Scouten’ huh? Yeah, I could try that, I could.” Scouting did have a certain allure to it, there were advantages to having that job. One was that he would get to know the lands rather quickly; another was that hopefully he would get to know the newcomers as well. It would take a little while to slip into the job, but Leland though he might enjoy scouting. No, he knew he would. Smiling to DaWali he nodded his head, as if accepting a great honor. “Yeah, scouten’ will be jus’ fine.”

And then there came the homes. Leland had been right in thinking they lived differently. Horse riding, dwellings built up from the ground, the strange job titles… Leland was determine to get use to it all, but not all at once. “I’d appreciate the help, but fer now I think I’ll just dig me out a den and that’ll be that. ‘Haps but the time I’m ready fer a dwelling I’ll have met some more of ya all to help me build it.” It was his goal to meet and befriend many members of the pack, but he knew he wouldn’t rush into it. Although since coming to the lands of ‘Souls he had met many faces, only DaWali and Slay stuck out as friends. Friendship wasn’t a thing to be rushed.

And then came the knowledge Leland had been hoping for. Asha was indeed still in the lands, though DaWali hadn’t much more information than that, or maybe he was keeping it to himself. Leland knew that he had been walking on thin ice when he blurted out the question of DaWali’s daughter’s whereabouts but DaWali took it good naturedly and Leland did not push the subject any further. It wasn’t as if anything was happening between the two of them now—and Leland would have to let DaWali know before anything did. DaWali deserved that respect. “Ah I suppose a girl can’t… though can’t say I’m speaking from experience… no children of myself ya know.” And then it was safest to change the subject away from Asha. “And err what of these spirit guides? I haven’t got one you know…” Leland had seen Asha’s and from his previous encounter with DaWali and Asha knew a little about them, but he didn’t know if he could get one and if he couldn’t how much would that keep him from being part of the tribe.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread