your cold day in the sun
DaVinci couldn't help but offer her a smile in return when she laughed so freely. He really hadn't know what to expect but he was glad that she had decided to show up. He chuckled as he commented. "I just expected you to be a little leary on being fed to the wolves." he said with a wink. His family wasn't that horrible, of course the boy didn't know anything of the truth behind how his mother had ended up in her current state. Inferni's issues with his family he'd always been aware of but thought lightly on, he'd never had a reason to really care except from a sideline point of view but now that he was right in the mists of the problem he had to make this all real. He flicked his ears back for a second as he tried to decide what to do, knowing that they couldn't sit around on the border but she was better coming in and being with him than if someone found them here. Atleast if she was with him he could always report that she was being taken to speak to Iskata.. which, was their true destination.

He shook his head at the words she asked, the sudden excitement from the pup doubled, he tried to playfully tug at the lead to get her to settle down but to no avail. Sighing dramatically he smirked as she asked who the small one was. He raised a brow at her, wondering if she thought this was another of his rugrats but instead of asking her that he just fessed up. "This is Zana.. she' suppose to be my baby sister.. but I think she's a little confused." Shaking his head he ran his fingers through his hair and worried at his lip. He wasn't for certain if he should be revealing to an Inferni packmember their troubles.. but she'd set it for herself in a moment.

His stormy orbs flicked back to Ryan as he just let it out, motioning for her to go with him as he talked. "Mother.. was mauled by a bear a few weeks ago. She stepped down as our leader.. and has sortof lost a lot of connection to everyone. She can't feed Zana and doesn't even seem like anything more than a ghost.. So Skylar and I have been taking care of Zana.. she seems to think I'm the parent now I think. She doesn't even recognize Iskata.." His sad eyes turned away, knowing that Iskata was upset about the fact that she wouldn't be able to see her newborn child grow but her actions had driven a larger gap between the two. He wished there was something the pack could do but Deuce said she had to find her way herself, they could do it for her.

Messages In This Thread