make haste along the way under full sail
[html]
http://twilight.silens.net/rp/val/t01.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Endymion seemed quite eager to assure him that he would enjoy it, though Valentine had already been enjoying what little time he had spent in Jaded Shadows already. There was enough history, coupled with what his mother and father had passed on to him, and along with what Fatin had, that he could burn literal days trying to take in all of it. Jaded Shadows itself had generation upon generation living within its walls—something that Valentine didn't see every day. But he was very sure that it had a hidden beauty about it, because beauty was truly in the eye of the beholder. There were plenty of things to be considered diamonds in the rough, hopefully.

“Ah, the city. I came through there on my way here. I found a battered up ol' violin lying in a gutter near the subway. It's quite a well travelled place for the shape that it's in, isn't it?” Never mind that he had been unfortunate enough to step on a piece of glass not two or three steps into the place and with the wind… well, things just didn't like to stay attached to things and in his case had come clattering to the ground. From signs, to sign posts, and everything in between, the city almost looked like a ghost town from a distance. But it had smelled very much alive, and eerie in its own little manner. He was quite naïve to just what really went on in the shadows.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread