Smile and drop the cliché
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeBane saw the change in her face and sensed it in the air, and he knew he had been right in his assumption before she replied. So that sorry hybrid, blind and half-dead, sitting in that cabin in the middle of nowhere, had had children. Bane found he vaguely regretted asking. He was inquisitive enough, but preferred not to be nosy, particularily around a lady. Even if she were a halfling, and therefore less than whole. Less than him. These were the old truths and he knew he had to move on. Unfortunately, beliefs were difficult to shake when their foundation was set in concrete.

cake"My condolences," Bane told the chocolate-coloured hybrid, knowing well that death affected some much worse than others. Then again, he had never lost a parent, not directly. His mother he had never known, his father he had never cared for. He felt no surprise at all for Laruku's death; it was something he had predicted, something anyone should have been able to tell. "No, I didn't know him personally. I met him only once. Both my parents knew him, my father likely a little better." It was obvious by his tone what he was insinuating. It was something a little strange to the dark wolf; that kind of thing hadn't been tolerated where he had come from, yet at the same time there wasn't a part of him that honestly cared. With as kind a smile as the sharp-eyed wolf could manage, he glanced back up at the lady from his wood chopping. His words were genuine. "I apologise if I've upset you by asking, Miss Tears."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread