And now you're pulling out the best of me
[html]
It was a faint flash of black against the stark white of the snow that grabbed his attention before anything else. From where he stood, though, he could not make out what exactly it had been. He had seen it for only a moment and easily deducted that it couldn't be something that could bring harm to him, not even in his weakened state, and more importantly that it wasn't one of the older wolves of the pack. Slinking low, knees practically against the ground, pushed deep into the snow, Conri waited and watching. Jade eyes moved carefully over the bumps of snow, back and forth as if pacing, until the moment that he could see the creature in full. He was practically running at him, at least for a short moment, when the young pup likely realized that he was running at a stranger.

Conri wasn't entirely sure what to think or do, aside from examining the pup from where he crouched. The boy smelled of Naniko and the other pups and though he didn't want to assume, he could only think that the child was one of his own. Black like Soran, which made the sickly red male smile faintly. "Helloo.." He said finally, quietly, and made no motion to move toward the stunned child. Instead, Conri shifted his weight back and settled his rear to the cold and snowy ground, leaving his legs stretched out in front of him and settling his single arm down into his lap.

"I'm Conri.." He told the boy quietly, unsure still, but knowing not to bring up the fact that he was, or might have been, the child's father. "I know Naniko." It might have been a horrible thing to do, to use his mother's name, or leader's name if it were the case, to gain his trust, but Conri couldn't think of much else to do aside from that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread