And now you're pulling out the best of me
[html]
Conri had never felt such a great sadness in his heart as he did the moment that the boy came toward him, as if to ask him to return home with him. He hadn't cried in so long that the tears that threatened him burned as they came, though Conri was able to hold him at bay and for a moment could only give a sad shake of his head. "I can't come back." He told the boy finally, voice shaking with sadness at the fact. "I made some people angry when I was sick, I didn't mean to though, and now I'm not allowed to come back." He hadn't meant to, right?

"I guess it's okay to tell you.." They were quiet words, more-so trying to convince himself than anything else. Naniko had openly told Mati and Haven who he was, so why not this one? "I'm your father." Would he even know that he had a father? "Your grandma, Soran, can tell you about me if she hasn't already." It was sad to think that they would have to learn about their father through their grandmother all because he had ruined any chance of watching them grow. "Maybe I could visit you though?" He'd gladly risk his life to see the boy, even if only now and then.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread