what a mess we made
[html]

OOC: I am so slow with replies today, what the hell self! Don't worry about being late :3

The cold bit at his bones. The grey wolf stood unmoving, letting the cold wind and sleet buffet his body. He'd been debating going back. From here there were few changes to be see in Inferni. The skulls were there, as they had been when he'd first set foot in that godawful place. He wondered if any from Dahlia had died. Had any coyotes been lost to the war? He could see no problem with more of their lot dying. Looking at his paws, he smirked. When had he become so virulently anti-coyote? Admittedly, he'd met none in the Old Country, because they all seemed to avoid the cold. Even his travels had only yielded glances at them. Presumably they hated travelling?

He stood and shook himself, if only to get some feeling back into his body. There was nothing to be had here but memories and deep regrets. Once, in his foolish attempts to win over allies, he had promised Haku that he would protect Mew no matter what. He had given his word, out of pity for the female. Not that he could admit to such a thing. Pity was only marginally above contempt. The longer he stayed here the more bitter and unhappy he would become. Best go home and recover.

The footsteps came as a surprise and Lubomir turned around sharply. Her scent gave her away. Inferni. His back straightened and for all that she stood on two paws and not four like him, he tried to impose a presence he knew he lacked. She carried food and he wondered what kind of rank she held. Had she been there for the war? Did she hurt a Dahlian? She seemed to hold herself back, if her tone of voice was something to judge by. She certainly tried not to be hostile. The war was over, Lubomir reminded himself. Put it behind him and move on. "Not anything in particular, no. I come to watch the coyote pack from here and remind myself of how I nearly died from reckless behaviour. How it should never happen again. Do we not all wait for something?" In a sense, he was reminded of his talk to the wolf in the bookshop. Philosophy and of all the people to discuss it with, a coyote.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread