what a mess we made
[html]

The point of a journey was not the destination, but the lessons learned along the way. Before even coming to these lands, he had known little of hate and malice. It was seldom shown, and then only to intruders or truly disruptive members of the pack, which thankfully he had never had to deal with. He knew he had been a coward for most of his life and only meeting Skoll had changed that. Some might not agree, but then again, there were things he did not like in them. With the coyotes, he realised that he had never talked to them, content in the knowledge that they were the guilty party.

"I think a lot of it depends on how exactly you would define worth. I don't think there is a lot of friendship between coyotes and wolves here, it seems, so perhaps I won't ever be worthy in your eyes." Lubomir recalled the few coyotes he had seen in Europe and how there they did not seem to care if one was wolf, hybrid or coyote. They were interested in hawking their goods and as long as the bartering was good, there were no complaints to be had. So why the big wars here? "I think the humans said it best: curiosity is a killer. I hated your pack for a long time, for something that happened to someone I care deeply about. I was involved in the war. I suppose I simply wanted to see for myself why the need for war, violence and death. Could a truce not be struck with our packs? Or has it already been done? My position in the pack has nothing to do with my curiosity." That much he was certain of. He was still just a low joiner in Dahlia, but that meant nothing here. Not to him, anyway.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread