She's waiting like an iceburg
[html]

I suck at life! Thanks so much for reminding me because I totally never saw this! D:

He didn't like the swamp very much. The ground was soggy and uncertain and he always had the feeling something bad was going to happen or that someone was hiding behind the trees watching him. The trees were eerier than they were anywhere else and he disliked the way the river split into so many tiny little streams that had no power on their own. The grey coyote pup stepped over one such stream -- it was cut deep into the ground, but was thin enough for him to just walk over. Arkham wasn't really sure why he felt so contemptous towards it, but he did anyhow. Maybe it was just his frustration with things in general leaking into a distaste for his surroundings, but it was there all the same.

He loved the beach and the ocean, but even the land closest to it didn't compare. This swamp was nothing and neither were the mountains or even the city! Certainly there were a thousand things to discover and explore, books to read and things to learn, but it wasn't the same. The city was so grey and angular, the exact opposite of the soft slopes in the sand and the brilliantly colorful sunsets against the ocean horizon. And his father's pack, the place where his sister now lived, it was alright -- he had liked the lake and river well enough anyway, but he still wasn't sure what to think of the fog. It almost reminded him of the swamp here now that he was thinking about it. It felt suspicious and strange. He hated the feeling that he was being watched.

There was splashing nearby just then and blue-still-shifting-red eyes looked over in the other direction. Through the leaning trees and boggy pools was a white wolfess splashing through a larger section of the tributaries. The wind was neutral, but he thought he smelt Clouded Tears and she sort of looked like Melisande, didn't she? Happy for the anticipated company, the pup bounded off in the other's direction, Hey! What're you doing!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread