suburbia will be just as easy
[html]
Corona felt the urge to point out that while her sister may have been or was a traveller, she was no stranger to her family. At least the vast majority of it, anyway. But she had no desire to argue it, long beyond trying to change anyone's opinion. The same phrase rang distantly in her head: guilty by association. Besides that, the conversation had moved on to things that were much more interesting. She remembered that Rikka had come to France with them, though she had left herself. Their stories were somewhat similar, though Corona hadn't seen her mother again or had the total misfortune of meeting those who were unkind towards her. But perhaps that had something to do with her self-proclaimed procession of being a healer. A doctor. Medicine woman. She had been called many things and at least half of those things since she had been back.

“A fire happened,” she said lamely, stating the obvious absently and without thought. “I don't know how because I found it the same way you did. I presume it was a wildfire that just got out of control,” because she had no idea what the weather had been like earlier in the year. She hadn't even been back that long in hindsight, not compared to those who had never wavered from the place. “Marlowe told me to go south, so I did. I found Gabriel and the others here.” It didn't even dawn on her that perhaps Rikka wouldn't know Marlowe either, but it didn't matter. Everything would be explained in due time.

“But if you're here thinking everything is sunshine and flowers now, you'd be better off going back to wandering. Wolves are still the bane of Inferni, you know,” and if it had angered her dear sister once, then Corona wanted to spare her the second coming and going. Conway had never come home. Molochai hadn't either. As far as she knew, Arkham burnt up in the fire, Rachias hated all of them, and the rest of them would never come back. While she once dwelt on the past sometimes, Corona didn't care one way or the other in the present if they came back. She didn't want what was set in stone to be the thing that caused discord within their foundation.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread