that's the hardest part
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She was so terribly uninspiring, treating him like he was some sort of child--she didn't need to know his first birthday was only a few days away. She didn't need to treat him like he knew nothing. She didn't need to act like such a prick, sending him glares and hisses like he had no knowledge in his head whatsoever, like he was a child who didn't know how to treat himself. Nikolai knew how to handle himself. "Do not speek to me," he said grimly, his temper being tested, "as if I yahm child. You know only rules; you do not know people." For some reason, he did not go any further into that statement. "I do not belongk to pack... does not mean I do not know how pack vorks." That was all.

He straightened, eyes searching the skies when she moved on to something about the pack and being prideful of it, or whatnot. He interrupted her somewhere in the endless lecture: "You havf not had fun in many, many years," he said, looking into the overcast sky. The sun was not shining... a shame. The clouds had carried it away, saving its glory for another day. "You speek like there is nail in ass," he added, shrugging. "Like can't pass a shit. I do not ask you to let me stay. I just say that you need smile more off-ten. Make friends, not enemies." He paused a long moment, sighing. She would be pissed at him, no doubt, probably spend another couple hours lecturing his language or his rudeness or his lack of proper English grammar. Or, maybe she'd send that pretty little blackbird to claw his eyes out, in which case, he would stomp it to the ground without a second thought. He could stomp her, too, but then she'd just lecture him about it.

He breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. "All land pretty," he said quietly, tone gentler than it had reached before. "I travel around vorld to see diff-rent places, diff-rent people. See how people leeve in other places of vorld. See all seas and animals and become better cartographer. I do not speek to people. I just vant to vatch them." Still not facing her, his eyes lowered to look over the horizon that the sea bordered so evenly, so beautifully. "Pack members do not like idea ovf strangers. Chase me avay. I just come to pack and take chance, now. No other choice. Just vant to make map and learn lifestyle of members."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread