OY, MOROZ, MOROZ
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She let her arms spread from her body a little after Nikolai let her go. It was difficult to go from one position to the next. She had to adjust her balance when his anchoring weight was gone, and she could no longer lean on him. She smiled as the world evened out and she found she could stand on her own again. She could still feel the warmth from where they had touched. Now she marveled at the fact that together, the world didn't seem so foreign, cold, and dead. Two souls certainly could generate a light that the vastest darkness could not conquer. She liked to think so, anyway.

Lime green eyes slid to the ground self-consciously as he asked her to sing. Geneva was quiet by nature, preferring to fade into the background. She hardly ever lifted her voice beyond a hushed tone, much less lifting it in song. In her moment of embarrassment, she recalled the hours she had spent in the library with Jazper. He had showed her how he had restored his piano, and how much he loved music. It had seemed to flow through him like an invisible current of wind, lifting him.

And she remembered giving him her father's harmonic. That brought her even farther back farther, to the days when she had been to walk outside. And her father would play on that harmonic for hours as she mouthed the words under her breath. Looking into Nikolai's mismatched eyes, she finished her struggle. Perhaps if she could hold on to that memory, she could find her voice and bring it out of hiding.

The words came slowly at first, building to a soft lullaby in her hushed tone. Her voice was soft, a hushed soprano in the echoing garage. She didn't know where the words came from, but they filled her and flooded through like nothing else as her mind raced to picture the memory she had been running from all along.

"We spent some time together walking,
spent some time just talking about who we were.
You held my hand so very tightly
and told me what we could be
dreaming of.

There's nothing like you and I, nothing like you and I.
There's nothing like you and I.
"

She took a deep breath, searching Nikolai's face before she continued. This was hard for her, even with the alcohol in her veins to loosen her up. She felt as though she was trying to hold something inside, an internal explosion waiting to massacre the rest of the world. As the words spilled from her mouth, she felt the fire licking at her insides, twisting in black smoky tendrils around her heart.

"We spent some time together drinking,
spent some time just thinking

'bout days of joy.
As our hearts started beating faster,
I recalled your laughter
from long ago.

There's nothing like you and I.
Nothing like you and I.

We spent some time together crying
spent some time just trying
to let each other go.

I held your hand so very tightly
and told you what I would be
dreaming of.

There nothing like you and I.
So why do I even try?
There's nothing like you and I."

The last note cracked at the end, her voice trembling as she completed her song. She didn't know what to think, or what Nikolai would think. But she found herself caring very much as she fought to keep from looking away. Her hands were shaking slightly.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread