Leave Out All the Rest (AW)
300+

Simon's eyes were as wide as saucers as he watched the Jazper loom over him. He wasn't sure if the black wolf was conscious of how tall he really was. He was huge, probably the biggest wolf he had ever seen. Simon wondered idly if Jazper hit his head on tree branches or if birds flew into his face. It wouldn't surprise the sandy colored puppy if any of those things happened. Being that tall probably helped the Jazper Knight to fight dragons. Those pesky reptiles did have wings, after all. And Jazper seemed tall enough that he could just pluck them out of the sky like butterflies. He imagined what it would be like to do that with ease, and his tail wagged behind him as if there was a motor attached to it.

He hoped that he would grow up to be even half as big as the Jazper Knight. Although he didn't think that he needed to be big to be strong - look at how well he was doing with Mati! - something needed to happen about his huge paws. He looked down at them. They looked so weird. He was glad that Mati didn't look down at his face very often. No, the princess preferred to look him in the face. He felt as though his tail would fall off from all that wagging.

"I would likes that Jazper Knight. I would like that's a lot," he said enthusiastically. He cocked his head to the side. "I has to let you know, though, that Princess Mati's safety is always going to be my first priority." The Jazper Knight would understand the duty he had to his lady. The promise he had made to Naniko and Mati was life defining. Perhaps it hadn't been worded like a promise, but it was just that.

Messages In This Thread