Into the BLUE
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

He hadn't expected to get much of a reaction out of her anyway, being that it was he was the oldest and grumpiest of grumps whose sense of humor was only funny to him, somehow. Well... at least DaVinci caught on sometimes, anyway. Jefferson was mildly delighted at how big her little eyes got and how shocked she became all of a sudden, but that quickly washed away when the child became too smart for her own good. Ah, well. Jefferson was never particularly fond of fear directed his way, even if it was his own fault. He didn't want people afraid of him, no, but he'd rather they were afraid of him than nipping at his heels or planning some sort of terrible mutiny or... whatever wolves did when they got pissed.

"Nah," he replied, straightening his back as he pushed his three-legged form back into a comfortable, sitting position. "I'm not a pup. I guess I'm just a smaller, nicer cyclops, then." The beast rolled his shoulders and shrugged somewhat. Was he even all that nice in the first place? Hell, he certainly didn't think so, but at least the kid wouldn't be forever scarred or something. The last thing Jefferson needed was a pup who grew into a homicidal maniac suddenly bent on destroying Phoenix Valley and its three-legged gimp-leader cyclops. Bah. "My name's Jefferson," he said calmly, turning his eye down towards her and donning a calmer, less hideous face than usual (as hard to avoid as that was). "I live in a pack called Phoenix Valley. It's not too far from here, but where did you wander away from?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread