and now my bitter hands shake beneath the clouds
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sure, this can be the last post. I'll archive it. ^^

She seemed to do everything so slowly and cautiously; this fact was ironic against her character, whose risks and curiosity seemed to overwhelm all other emotions and impulses. Her curiosity could have gotten her killed, had Jefferson been the maniacal beast he'd been so long ago. Of course, that wasn't to say he wasn't a terrible, horrible creature still. One-eyed, one-armed, scarred to no end. He was a monster whose scars had originated in a cloud of mist; the disfigurement he'd been forever cursed with was due to reasons he couldn't even remember or understand. Somehow, Geneva had seen something through it all. The cyclops couldn't fathom what it was she wanted from him nor what it was she'd seen, but it was provoked his curiosity and stirred the embers in more ways than one.

He didn't smile when she gently tried to humor him, but instead his green eye remained affixed on her in a still, quiet gaze. It was confused, frustrated even, but no anger or resentment was held within. When she admitted something more, though, his ears perked and his eye seemed to widen a little. Such words had never been spoken to him; not many could be considered "happy" to have met a one-eyed idiot like Jefferson. He didn't exactly have many redeeming qualities, and his attitude was hardly anything that someone could be fond of. Jefferson frowned and looked away thoughtfully, for a moment pondering over the concept, before seriously returning his eye to her and nodding his head solemnly. "Just be careful," was all he could say. He didn't know what it was like to be liked or appreciated. Actually, the Patriarch had never really even thought about it. He turned on his heel and started away. "Stay and draw all you want," he muttered quietly, making the distance between them. "...Just leave me alone." And he was gone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread