beauty in the breaking
The little one tilted her head to the side and watched as the boy sat down suddeny, squashing all chances of her finding an egg beneith his rump now if she could manage to scare him into flight. When he grinned down at her she wagged her banner of lavender ribbons behind her as she puffed her small chest forward and boast, "S'ana mean pretty! I pretty!" Zana had never really been around others her age, everyone else had been much larger than her, both siblings having died so early in life that they were just a haze in her memory. Much before the monster was hazy and distorted in her mind, but she didn't mind now.. the monster was so far away and she was going to find her father. This new fellow was destracting her though with talk of others, her response was simple as she wrinkled her nose and frowned. "Do I has toooo?" she asked him, she didn't even know who this friend of his was but he was already trying to toss her aside to someone else.

Zana suddenly tried to climb up onto the stone he was sitting on as the boy began to talk again, she squinted at him as she suddenly blurted out. "What cho name? Yous not da' ?" She caught hold of her ribbon wrapped tail in her paws as she slide off the stone and stared up at the male once more. "No nos! Look wik me?" she said between batting at the ribbons that moved slightly in the breeze. No one ever said the child could keep her mind on one subject for long at all but atleast she did come around full circle and return at some point.

Messages In This Thread