I don't want to share
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OoC: No worries! My posts have too much fluff. C: Are we wrapping this up, then?

He heard her snarl and spit for the first time in his life, and turned around in surprise. He had been trying to avoid her accusing eyes, but now he couldn't turn away from them, boring straight through him. It wasn't a sight he'd soon forget; seeing her face twisted up with fury, her normally sweet voice thick with emotion... Had he hurt her so deeply, that she was willing to turn her back on him and leave him here alone to simmer? Slay was as bad at apologizing as he was with controlling his actions - it might be a long time before he could get over this. His pale gaze was locked onto hers, unwilling to stand down, but losing the heart to keep yelling at his small friend.

"...Fine," he growled, digging his blunt claws into the shifting sands beneath them. "You won't have to worry about me bothering you, ever again. I'll keep out of your way like I used to, and you can go pay visits to other packs, and swim in the ocean, and collect flowers, whatever your little heart desires. Maybe we'll both be happier if we don't have to worry about when we'll see each other again." He regretted the words as he uttered them; he didn't want to lose his only friend here! If she really hated him, he would be leaving Dahlia de Mai, he couldn't stand seeing that baleful glare again. A flicker of anger rose up again as he tried to remember what had made him so damn angry in the first place - she had provoked him, purposely, maybe not realizing that she could do some real damage.

As he stood on the beach, watching Cercelee turn her back on him for real, he felt another pang of regret amidst the defensiveness. He wouldn't mind if they spent a little more time together... It got lonely, living on the border of the pack lands, sleeping at the feet of the Virgin Mary statue. If... if he hadn't ruined this for good... maybe he could visit the town center a little more often...? But she needed to apologize! If she pulled another mocking sneer, he would probably hit her, and that would be the end of everything they had...

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread